What is Zirconium Crown / Coating?
As a result of the stains on their teeth, people prefer zirconium coating. These coatings are also known as porcelain coatings. In addition, zirconium coatings are divided into two as metal-supported or metal-free. This method, which is mostly done with the recommendation of a doctor, is also frequently preferred by individuals. This coating, which provides whiteness to the teeth, also contributes to the health of teeth and gums.
Zirconium Coating Advantages
Zirconium coating not only provides an aesthetic smile but also offers many advantages.
The advantages of zirconium coating can be listed as follows;
- Due to its structure, it does not leave a dark color on the gums.
- For this reason, metal-coated teeth that you will wear in the future will not reflect black color.
- Due to its structure, zirconium also offers the advantage of allowing your own teeth to look old by passing the light inside.
- It can be used for many years if taken care of.
- Zirconium plays a big role in your gum health by adapting to the gums.
- People who use zirconium do not have hot and cold sensitivity in their teeth.
- It minimizes the formation of tooth stains and yellowing on the teeth of smokers.
- It also minimizes bad breath.
How is Zirconium Crown / Coating Made?
Zirconium dental veneer method has been applied by most people recently. However, people who will have zirconium coating ask many questions such as how to make zirconium coating. If the person goes to the doctor or esthetician who will have the veneer, a small treatment is applied to the tooth. As a result of this treatment, the zirconium coating areas to be made on the tooth are determined. Then, dental photos of the patient are taken.
All the procedures to be done are explained to the patient, if the patient deems it appropriate, the applications for the zirconium coating begin. First of all, the size of the teeth is taken in a digital environment. Then, the tooth color is checked in technical processes such as the dimensions of the tooth coating, the number of teeth and its fit to the face. After the zirconium crowns are ready, they are shown to the patient. If the patient likes it, the zirconium coating process is started.
Zirconium coating processes are completed in a period of 4 or 5 days. This period may also vary according to the intensity of the doctor. Dental procedures begin with filing the excess on their surfaces. After filing, the doctor adheres the zirconium to the tooth with a transparent and special adhesive.
However, this bonding process requires a lot of precision. Because as a result of a small mistake, the zirconium coating is wasted.